Well, another month has gone by, which means it’s time for a month in review!
I am really starting to get used to life out here. It isn’t so bad. The company I am with is a really good company with good people. The coworkers around me, once you get used to the style around here, are all really cool. One thing interesting is the illusion of a high turnover rate. Even in just these 2 months I have seen quite a few coworkers leave, and quite a few new arrivals. It is not like they are leaving the company or anything, just going home. Many are going to Colorado or other states and it is unknown if I will ever see them. It is weird though. We are a pretty tight-knit group of about 20 people, but every couple weeks someone is leaving and someone new is arriving. A few people are also “on leave” at the moment for around a month so that also adds to the effect.
I do thank everyone back home for their support. I really owe you all. Without all of you back home I imagine being out here would be much more difficult. It really means a lot to me so I thank you all. Even just reading this blog means you all care enough to see what’s happening.
Honestly I am very behind on this blog, and I am writing this post weeks later than I should be. Work is been very busy lately with the ongoing search effort. I have been staying up after 1am quite a few days just so I can coordinate with people back in the States. Being busy is good though, and makes time fly by pretty fast.
Today I did something cool. Byrd took me to a little room where they have a bunch of instruments to play, including a drum set. Two other coworkers (Jack and another David) got on guitar, Byrd took base guitar, and I hopped on the drums. I haven’t played in FOREVER so I was completely rusty. It didn’t help that one of the drumsticks’ top was broken off. Still it was awesome to rock out again. I had a lot of fun. We played for over an hour. Well that is about it for now. I will GREATLY attempt to get up to date with this blog… You all know that I hate writing so that doesn’t help. :-P This date marks my 1/3rd mark, only 2/3rds left to go…
~David
No comments:
Post a Comment