Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 100 (81 days to go…)


I got a package from my friend Andrew today. It contained some much needed sleeping pills. I had just run out. It also contained a pillow (so I have 3 now), some spare sheets, and some honey buns… a LOT of honey buns lol. Thank you so much!

Today marks my 100th day out here. It has kind of seemed like forever. The days to go are slowly counting down though.

 I would also like to take this post to remember the victims 9/11. It is the 11th anniversary of that sad day. It is hard to imagine that it happened that long ago. I still remember the exact place I was when I got a call from my dad that we ‘were under attack.’ Now here I am in Afghanistan all these years later as part of the effort launched in retaliation for that attack. Back then I didn’t have the slightest idea that I would actually be over here all these years later.



~David


No comments:

Post a Comment