Today was rainy… very rainy. It has rained before, but usually just drizzling for a bit. Today was several hours of pretty hard rain. I took a few pictures to prove it below. Apparently this time of year is always rainy.
Mike, the fellow coworker from Hampton like me, left to go to Bagram today. He is taking over a Site Lead up there. It will be weird not having him around here. For a while it was me, him, and Dani that would always go to meals together. It seems like I have seen so many people come and go.
It was good to have someone out here that at least knows what in the world I was talking about when I said ‘the HRBT is a nightmare’ or ‘I usually see the fireworks at Mount Trashmore on July 4th.’ Ah well… That is one of the things you have to get used to out here, people are from all over not just the US, but around the world. Referring to ‘common sense’ landmarks or phrases doesn’t always work. It is interesting though because you get to hear stories about places all over. It really gives you a different perspective on things.
~David





No comments:
Post a Comment