Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 29 (152 days to go…)


Hey.  Here are some photos that I have taken in the last month.

These are various ones around the base.






One of the cats on base went ahead and had kittens, even though all the cats are supposed to be fixed. The moths was taken away so the kittens are having to fend for themselves.  They are really playful and live in that hole under the building.  Many of my female coworkers love them.



I have far to much of THIS crap.  Euro!  Since this is the ISAF NATO base, everythign is the European standards (like outlets and money).  Places accept both Dollars and Euro but Euro is the base for everything.  I hate coins and Euro is all about coins.  The lowest bill is 5 Euro, or about $7.  You say 'keep the change' with dollars and you loose around 50 cents on average.  With euro you would loose several dollars each time. >_<



As mentioned before, many people smoke here.  They can't drink so I guess it's the next best thing.  A lot of people smoke cigars. One reason is, since again this is not a US base, it means you can get Cubans.  Below is an expensive set of Cuban Cigars one guy bought for the office.




Here are just a couple pictures of the Green Zone between ISAF HQ (where I am)) and Camp Eggers (the US base).  As mentioned before, it is patrolled by Afghan security forces.  There are not many children in the photos, but I assure you they are around and will swarm you for money and food.






Here is my totally awesome setup.  It's pretty tight in here, not much room.  I have to pull my chair up every time someone wants to walk past. The monitor on the right is hooked up to my unclassified laptop.  The one on the left is for the other machines. There is a KVM switch under the monitor on the right that controls what is viewed on the left monitor.  Yes that is a Horo mousepad... :-P  I bought it off eBay and it just arrived here. (NOTE: I blacked out the screens on the right EVEN THOUGH they are displaying from unclass machines.  They are rated 'SECRET' though and I don't want to get in any kinda of trouble O_o.  I also blocked out the clock because you know... that's secret too lol.)



One of my coworkers, Dani while a group of us were eating at the lovely DFAC.





~David

No comments:

Post a Comment