Well remember what I said about Mondays? That even though I work’s 7 days a week, Mondays are still as dreadful somehow? Well today proves my point. It was just a hectic day with a bunch of crap going on. Chief among the issues was the fact that one of our primary user groups had some major concerns with the new search effort going into the new version of our software in a couple weeks… the new search that I was a primary designer and programmer of. (This is in fact one of the reasons I am out here - to make sure everything goes smoothly.) Some of the issues were just educational ones where things worked a bit different from the old search. These will be solved with proper documentation and training once the version is rolled out. One of the main concerns though was in fact something we (the search team) had previously identified but everyone was led to believe that it was a nonissue. That is a bit frustrating, and even more so that it is only getting identified now. Well, being that I helped design it, it’s now my job to help figure out how to resolve everything. Hal, the theater lead, wants me to go over and meet with the users and discuss things with them face to face Thursday. That should be fun…
~David
No comments:
Post a Comment