Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 52 (129 days to go…)


A care package from my family arrived today! Thank you so much mom, dad, and sis. It has honey buns and cinnamon rolls and paper towels and all kinds of cool goodies. I was just thinking I was running low on good snacks. They are hard to get out here! It is just in time to brighten my day too; I am still dealing with the whole search situation that came up Monday. I think I have wrapped my head around some of the issues, and I have ideas on what has to be done. I will find out more in my meeting tomorrow with the users. I look forward to talking with them and really see firsthand how the software will be used.

Unfortunately around midday one of our 3 AC units for the office broke. It just had to be the newest one, and thus the one that blew the coldest air. This really showed after a couple hours when it became sweltering hot. The office space we are in is about 24ft by 36ft (estimation) and we are packed in pretty tight. The main heat source though is the fact that every person has 3 to 6 computers. There are also a dozen or so test boxes scattered around. So in a 20ft by 30ft area there are about 80 or more computers. It gets hot pretty quick without the AC units. It was about 90 or 95 degrees outside… yet it was cooler outside! With the work already on my shoulders to get done, this was not fun at all… Thank goodness I got a care package or today would just really suck.



~David

No comments:

Post a Comment