Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 16 (165 days to go…)


Today was pretty cool. A few of us went to the US Embassy grounds to pick up a lunch ticket so we can eat there on Friday. The Pizza Hut I went to the other day was on the outskirts of the US Embassy grounds but this time we went right up to the US Embassy and the nearby condos. It really was like I was back in the US again… which I guess technically I was. It had beautiful buildings, green grass, nice landscaping. There was a standard rec-center size in ground pool. The people walking around wore nice suits or dresses, except those at the pool which wore bikinis or swimming trunks. It was like night and day compared to the base I stay on. You really couldn’t tell you were in a different country, and Afghanistan at that, while there. Unfortunately pictures were forbidden so I can’t upload anything. The restaurants there were all nice, and even served alcohol unlike everywhere else. (Course we still couldn’t have any… General Order 1 and all that >_<) It was a very nice change of scenery.

Later on I found out that my package was STILL sitting in Bagram. I honestly don’t know what is going on there. Luckily the main guy down there got back from leave, and he promised to take care it the next morning. Guess I will wait another 3 days or so and see what happens…



~David

No comments:

Post a Comment