Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 22 (159 days to go…)


Had an interesting little event today. While in the DFAQ (the dining facility) for whatever reason you are not allowed to wear a hat. They get pretty anal about it too. The first week I was hear I got caught twice and told to take my hat off by one of the high ranking US officers here. SINCE then I have been very good and have always taken it off. Well today for lunch I forgot. Oops. A couple minutes after sitting down this older civilian who I have never seen or noticed before aggressively comes over and chews me out for wearing my hat, saying that I had been warned before and that he BETTER not catch me again. I was more surprised than anything. I was like, who the heck are you? Jeez, you would think I committed a major security violation or something. In any case my coworkers and I all had a good laugh about this guy’s over reaction as we retold the story to everyone. I guess I’ll be extra careful about my hat from now on. I am also very careful to gleefully tip my hat to him every time I see him NOT in the DFAQ. He kinda just glares at me with this disgusted look… it’s great. 



~David

No comments:

Post a Comment