Today I left Virginia at around 8pm. It took forever to make sure I had everything packed or ready to go. Even then I am sure I will miss something. I greatly thank my parents for all of their support and help. They were there to help in whatever I needed. They will also be looking after my place from time to time. I also thank my friend Andrew for coming over several times helping me pack and prepare. I fear several times I bored him to death which is like his own personal version of hell. But he was there for me and he has my thanks. I also thank everyone else who helped or provided support like the McNeeleys and my friend Freddy.
My little adventure got off to a bit of a rocky start. The plane to Atlanta was about 40 minutes late and was stuck ‘parking’ for about another 10 minutes. This meant I had about 20 minutes to get from one side to the other of the Atlanta Airport to board my plane to Dubai. In transit I checked the app on my cell phone, and Delta had already reassigned me to a flight the next day. Not wanting to reschedule EVERYTHING I pressed on. I got to the gate JUST as they were about to give up my seat. I had made it, just in time. I found my seat and settled in for a ‘nice’ long flight to Dubai.
~David
No comments:
Post a Comment