Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 21 (160 days to go…)



Well I FINALLY got my package. It only took almost a MONTH to get here. Ah well. I was very excited though. Unfortunately while lugging it all the way back to my room, I somehow lost my badge. I felt like such a complete noob >_<. I don’t know exactly where I lost it; I tried to retrace my exact steps to no avail. So I had to get in contact with Amanda and go through all this paperwork to get a new badge. How frustrating.

Well after I finally cleared all that up I went to my room to unpack. It had been so long that I forgot some of the stuff I had packed. Was very good to see all my stuff safe and sound though. It was mostly clothes, an extra towel, and toiletries, but it was very much needed items. I was glad to get the rolls of paper towels I had packaged. You would be surprised at some of the things you take for granted that are hard to get out here. I had been rationing a half roll of paper towels for the past 3 weeks. Well no more going to the laundry building every day now ^_^.

In the evening I went to a going away party for some fellow coworkers. We went over to the Destille Gardens for some burgers and steak. It was a fun time and I know the four will be glad to get home. Somehow I will miss them though. Below is a photograph of me and all my coworkers. The ones leaving are the three in the middle row on the left (Gustavo, Kevin the Theater Lead, and Wally) and the one right behind me on the right in the orange shirt (Brad the Tech Lead, AKA my direct boss). They will all be leaving within the next week or two, one at a time.




Here are some more pictures during the event. We presented a few things to Kevin. One was an old map of Afghanistan with all of our signatures on the back.



  


~David


No comments:

Post a Comment